The experience and expertise of the staff within IGC are wide-ranging and allows us to add real value to any organisation’s continuous improvement. The term is self-explanatory and almost seems too simple, but the industry catchphrase is about continually improving your business, processes and ways of working to achieve better outcomes, cheaper and faster.
How you go about defining, measuring, analysing and implementing processes and controlling them is where it gets complicated. While continuous improvement can range from simple changes in the day-to-day workings of your organisation to major shifts in focus and procedures across a global structure, in all cases, you will require the right tools to achieve success and keep it going.
IGC can facilitate business improvement projects, including quality management, risk management and continuity planning using its extensive knowledge and experience within the military and private sectors.
The types of projects that we have been involved with are:
- Assisting policing and investigative agencies working towards ISO 17020 compliance.
- Creating competency frameworks to increase clarity around performance expectations and establish unambiguous links between organisation and individual performance.
- Business improvement of investigative processes resulting in better case management system, decreased investigative time and improved the quality of the investigative output.
- Technical evaluations of investigative policy and framework to measure compliance with statutory requirements and reducing risk to reputational damage.
- External validation of training delivered by organisations who wish to improve their existing learning programmes.