This one-week course is suitable for experienced Crime Scene Managers (CSM) who have the relevant skills, knowledge and experience to take the step from managing individual crime scenes, to taking the forensic lead over multiple scenes in complex and high-profile investigations. They will have attended a recognised CSM course and demonstrated competence in fulfilling that role in an operational environment for a significant period of time. Their attendance should also be supported by their line manager and Scientific Support Manager.
This course is aimed at developing the professional skills and abilities of suitably qualified and experienced CSM to manage multiple scenes in complex and high-profile investigations. The following modules will be covered:
- Situational leadership; transactional / transformational.
- Decision making; conflicting priorities, risk and cost benefit analysis.
- Dynamic and overarching strategy planning, setting and monitoring.
- Managing resources; staff and equipment.
- Specialists at scenes: Senior Investigation Officer (SIO), Pathologists, Scientists, FSP’s.
- Role within the investigation and role within the Major Incident Room.
- Specialist knowledge e.g. advise SIO on current and available techniques.
- Review process.
- Table-top exercises and Hydra Immersive learning exercise.